#fairchasecontest Contest Rules
Click here to download the complete contest rules.
Please read Official Rules before entering Blaser/B&C Contest. By entering Blaser/B&C Contest, you agree to be bound by Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below. No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. Eligibility. Blaser/B&C Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States who currently reside in the US and who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Blaser USA in the manner and format described. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. Limit one entry per person. Any person found to be using multiple entries will be disqualified. The prizewinner for Blaser/B&C Contest will be determined by selection from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified via Blaser USA’s Facebook and Twitter page within 30 days of the promotion period. If the prize is returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within 5 days after delivery of notification, it will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) for the prize will be permitted. Winner shall not be eligible to win more than one contest sponsored by Blaser USA in any calendar year.
2. Promotion Period. Blaser/B&C Contest starts 12:00 am (PST) on July 13, 2015, and ends 11:59 pm on November 30, 2015. All entries must be received during this time and meet other requirements in Official Rules to be eligible to win prizes.
3. How to Enter. Option #1: Post a maximum of 350 words or a 2-minute video describing “What Fair Chase Hunting Means to You” on Blaser USA’s Facebook or Twitter page. Tag Blaser USA and/or the Boone & Crockett Club in post or tweet. Use #FairChaseContest in post or tweet. Facebook and Twitter entries must be received by 11:59 PM PST November 30, 2015. By using the Hashtags in connection with your Facebook or Twitter post, you are acknowledging and agreeing that Sponsor has the right to stream your post through the Facebook or Twitter API. Option #2: Email a maximum of 350 words or a 2-minute video on “What Fair Chase Hunting Means to You” to firstname.lastname@example.org Email entries must be received by 11:59 PM (PST) on November 30, 2015. Option #3: Send a maximum of 350 words to Blaser USA detailing “What Fair Chase Hunting Means to You” Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 11:59 PM (PST) on November 30, 2015 & received by 7 days thereafter.
4. Prizes. One (1) Blaser R8 Professional S Rifle, One (1) a Leupold VX-6 2-12X42mm CDS riflescope, and Two (2) VIP Passes for the winner and guest to the Boone and Crockett Club’s 29th Big Game Awards held in Springfield, Missouri, July 14-16, 2016. VIP Passes include admission tickets to the 29th Awards Trophy Display, Welcoming Reception on July 14th, Seminars, Generation Next Youth Awards dinner and banquet Friday, July 15th, and the 29th Big Game Awards dinner and banquet Saturday July 16th. All other expenses including meals, travel, accommodations and transportation is winner’s sole responsibility and not part of the prize as awarded.
5. Winner’s Responsibilities. Rifle. To receive the Blaser R8 Professional S, the winner must supply the name, address, city, state, zip code, and FFL (Federal Firearms License) of an authorized store front retail firearms dealer in the state in which the winner resides. The Blaser R8 Professional S will be shipped in the winner’s name to that dealer. The winner will be required to fill out BATFE Form 4473 provided by said dealer. Upon completion and passage of a NICS (National Instant Criminal Backgrounds Check System) review, the winner may be required to pay a transfer fee to the dealer for applicable shipping and handling charges. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes on prize & other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to registration, title, license fees, insurance, & optional equipment (except where prohibited by law), and all other unspecified costs associated with claiming, registering and/or using any prize.
6. Winner’s Responsibilities. VIP Passes to the Big Game Awards does not include Travel, hotel, accommodations or any other expenses associated with attending the Big Game Awards. All other expenses will be the sole responsibility of the winner. The Boone and Crockett Club 29th Big Game Awards will be July 14-16, 2016. If contest winner is unable to accept terms and conditions, and/or is unable to accept a prize as stated, the winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety. If the winner is unable to attend the Big Game Awards Show, there is no prize substitutions or cash equivalent to this part of the prize. VIP Passes to the Big Game Awards Show does not include travel, accommodations, meals, gratuities, travel expenses, transfers, taxes, bag check fees, ground transportation other than that specified, or any other item or expense not specifically described in these Official Rules, and all additional expenses, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner acknowledges that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide any form of insurance. Winners are solely responsible for any guest(s) who may accompany them on the trip or otherwise participate in any prize-related activity. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18) unless child or legal ward of the winner. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible for any weather conditions, travel and/or activity cancellations, delays and/or postponements. Winner is solely responsible for his/her own conduct while on any trip and during any prize-related activity, including, without limitation, the consumption of alcoholic beverages, if any, which will not be supplied by Sponsor, and agrees to comply with applicable rules, laws and regulations and to indemnify Sponsor for all claims related to his/her conduct. Sponsor is not responsible for winner’s inability to participate in the prize or any part thereof, due to physical or other restrictions and Sponsor is not responsible for any injury, whatsoever, that may occur.
7. Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry in Blaser/B&C Contest grants Sponsors the right to use entrants' information including winner’s name, Facebook name, picture, voice, hometown, persona, likeness, written or oral statements and/or prize information, without limitation, for all advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in any media including but not limited to the internet, giving to marketing partners and electronic newsletter subscription without further permission or compensation.
8. Disclaimer. Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Blaser/B&C Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsors or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with Blaser/B&C Contest.
9. Identity of Entrant. Sponsors reserve the right to verify the validity of any entry and/or entrant (including an entrant's identity and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Official Rules or who tampers with the entry process. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account associated with the winning entry.
10. No Facebook or Twitter Endorsement. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. or Twitter, Inc. You understand that by participating, you are providing your information to Sponsor, not to Facebook or Twitter. You understand that by using and interacting with www.facebook.com and www.twitter.com, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of www.facebook.com and www.twitter.com. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for www.facebook.com and www.twitter.com, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Facebook or Twitter.
11. General Release. By entering Blaser/B&C Contest, participants assume sole liability for and agree to indemnify and hold Sponsors, their affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any and all claims from any liability whatsoever. And waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with Blaser/B&C Contest or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Sponsors will assume no responsibility for the use of a firearm won through Blaser/B&C Contest, and each winner will be responsible for the proper safe handling and storage of the firearm.
12. Selection of Prize. Actual model, color, size and features of the items in the prize awarded will be selected by Blaser USA in its sole discretion and may vary from photos used in print, electronic, or online advertising, including Blaser USA’s website.
13. Miscellaneous. In the event a new law or legislation goes into effect that will make this firearm illegal, Sponsors will stop the contest early prior to it going into effect and draw a winner. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right to change Official Rules at any time and to suspend or cancel Blaser/B&C Contest or any entrant's participation in Blaser/B&C Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors control affect the administration, security or proper play of Blaser/B&C Contest, or Sponsors otherwise become incapable of running Blaser/B&C Contest as planned. If terminated, Sponsors may determine a winner from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action.
14. Sponsors. Blaser USA Inc., 403 East Ramsey, Suite 301, San Antonio, TX 78216 and Boone and Crockett Club, 250 Station Drive, Missoula, MT 59801