Where Hunting Happens, Conservation Happens™

Entry Requirements


The following items are required when you submit a trophy entry.

  • The original score chart, signed and dated by the Official Measurer.
  • $40 non-refundable entry fee.
  • Entry Affidavit with hunter’s signature witnessed by either an Official Measurer or a Notary Public.*
  • Clearly focused photographs of trophy front, right side, and left side of horns or antlers. For skulls, include photographs of front, top, right side, and left side.
  • Completed Hunter, Guide, and Hunt Information form.*
  • Copy of hunting license/big-game tags used to take the trophy.*

For picked up trophies, or trophies of unknown origin, or where the hunter/owner are different, please provide a short, detailed narrative describing how the trophy came into your possession. If picked up, please describe the circumstances and condition of trophy when found and include a copy of ownership permit, if required in your state of province.

*Only required for hunter-taken trophies.


The first item that should accompany any trophy entry is a fully completed, current, original score chart, signed and dated by an Official Measurer appointed by the Boone and Crockett Club. Entries submitted on photocopied of score charts or on score charts from another scoring organization will result in a delay in processing and acceptance. While the most recent Boone and Crockett Club score chart is preferable, we will accept previous versions for entry as long as it was prepared by a Boone and Crockett Club Official Measurer.  


A check or money order for $40 in U.S. funds payable to Boone and Crockett Club, or credit card information (i.e. card name, number, and expiration date), must accompany each entry to cover the entry fee. If the entry fee is not included with the entry materials, or if the incorrect amount is tendered, the trophy owner will be notified that the entry fee or the difference is needed, delaying processing.


An original Entry Affidavit, properly signed and witnessed, is a necessary requirement for each hunter-taken entry. As of 2015, the correct Entry Affidavit is no longer on the back of the score charts; it is a separate form (download here). The correct and only acceptable Entry Affidavit has 2019 printed in the top left corner of the front page. The hunter’s signature on the Entry Affidavit needs to be notarized by a notary public, or witnessed by a B&C Official Measurer. If the Entry Affidavit is witnessed by a B&C Official Measurer, it does not have to be the same Measurer that scored the trophy. Any B&C Official Measurer can witness the hunter’s signature on the Entry Affidavit.

Once a trophy has been measured that makes the minimum score, the Official Measurer should give the trophy owner an opportunity to read the Entry Affidavit. Once the hunter is satisfied that the hunt meets all conditions and understands all aspects of the Entry Affidavit, they should sign it in the presence of the Official Measurer who should then signs acknowledging they witnessed the hunter’s signature. The Official Measurer must be present and see the hunter sign the Entry Affidavit before they sign it. Under no circumstances should the Official Measurer sign and date the affidavit before the trophy owner does. Finally, please note that the Official Measurer’s signature witnessing an Entry Affidavit is in addition to the Official Measurer’s signature on the score chart verifying his measurement.

In cases where the Official Measurer does not have personal contact with the trophy owner, Entry Affidavit copies suitable for submission can be downloaded in PDF format by clicking here. The notary public is still required in cases where trophy owners have no direct contact with an Official Measurer. For example, Measurers frequently do not meet trophy owners when they are scoring trophies for big buck contests, or when a friend, taxidermist, relative, or other individual delivers a trophy to a Measurer for the hunter. Canadian trophy owners only can also have their signature witnessed by an employee of a fish and game department or Commissioner of Oath’s, in lieu of the notary’s or Official Measurer’s signature.


Bear and cat skull photographs must include the front, left side, right side, and top views of the clean skull making sure the entire side is in view. Antler, horn, or tusk photographs must include a front, left-side and right-side photograph looking straight on and making sure the entire side is in view.

Digital photographs are acceptable for all trophy entries and may be uploaded to Trophy Section of the Club’s web site or uploaded through In order to have proper resolution, typical file size for JPEGs should between 500k and 2mb.

Examples of the four correct skull photographs required for entry.

Front view 
Left view
Right view
Top view

Examples of Incorrect and Correct Antler Side Photos.

Side Photo of Antler
Side Photo of Antler



Field photograph submissions are highly desired but not required for trophy acceptance. We accept any submissions and publish photos showing the hunter with the animal in the landscape where the hunt occurred, excluding vehicles or structures. Please note that not all field photos will be published.


Each hunter-taken trophy submitted for entry must be accompanied with a completed Hunter, Guide and Hunt (HGH) information form, even if the services of a guide were not employed on the hunt. The hunter simply needs to complete the parts of the HGH form that apply to the hunt of that particular trophy. Hunter, Guide, and Hunt information form copies, suitable for submission, can be downloaded in PDF format by clicking here. Just be sure to print the forms front and back on a single sheet of paper.


If known, the Club would like to obtain the age and method of aging for each trophy if the age was determined by a qualified authority. Complete details for providing this information are given on the back of each Hunter, Guide and Hunt Information form that must be submitted with each hunter-taken entry. The age data will be useful in managing big-game populations for trophy animals, as well as supporting the case for trophy hunting. 


A copy of the appropriate hunting license and/or tags, if applicable, must accompany each entry that was taken by a hunter. If a copy of the license and/or tags is no longer available, the Club will accept a statement from an appropriate Game and Fish agency official who will certify that a license (and any required tags) was possessed by the hunter at the time the trophy was taken. If the Game and Fish Agency no longer has records at its disposal to verify the purchase of a license, a written statement, on official letterhead, from Game and Fish personnel stating the fact that the license information is no longer available is acceptable. In such cases, the hunting license requirement will be waived. The records office also requires copies of export permits for trophies transported out of Mexico and Canada, especially CITES permits.

In the event of a found/picked up trophy we will need a copy of the possession/salvage permit from the state/provincial game and fish agency (if applicable).

Up to four people can be listed in the records book as the hunter for a single trophy. However, to list more than one person, each hunter must submit a signed and witnessed Entry Affidavit, as well as a copy of their hunting license/tag, for the trophy being entered.

Trophy owners submitting purchased trophies, picked up trophies, trophies of unknown origin (e.g., auctions, yard sales, etc.), or trophies taken by deceased hunters, etc., must sign the Materials Release Form, which is on the back of the entry affidavit. This signature does not need to be witnessed by a notary public or Boone and Crockett Club Official Measurer.


A detailed narrative of the origin and history of a picked-up trophy, or a trophy of unknown origin must accompany the entry materials for these trophies. The narrative should cover as many details of the trophy’s origin as possible (e.g. date acquired, from whom acquired, information known about trophy before acquired, etc.)

In addition to all the items previously mentioned, there are several specific pieces of information requested for each entry. The first item is an accurate location of kill for each entry. In most cases the office simply needs the county or geographic location (e.g., river, mountain, etc.) and state or province where the trophy was taken. All trophies from the lower 48 states are listed in the records books by county and state, while all trophies from Canada and Alaska are listed by geographic location and state or province. Trophies from Mexico are listed by state and country. In cases where a trophy is harvested near a category delineated by a boundary (e.g., mule deer/blacktail deer; grizzly bear/Alaska brown bear; etc.) the exact location of kill, pinpointed by marking an “X” on a map, is required.

The Entry Affidavit, Hunter Guide and Hunt Information form, and the hunting license copy, are only required for trophies that have been taken by hunters.


Support Conservation

Support Hunting

Support Conservation

Support Education

"The wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So we must and we will."

-Theodore Roosevelt